Peace of Mind With No Surprises
Denplan Care is a monthly payment plan which helps you pay for your routine and restorative dental treatment encourages a preventive approach to oral healthcare. Denplan Care is our most popular plan, as it cuts out those surprise dental costs and helps you to include dental care in your family budget. For a fixed monthly charge, we cover all the dental care that your dentist recommends, excluding any cost incurred for outside services such as laboratory charges.
The amount you pay is decided by your dentist and is based on your oral health and how much dental treatment you will need. After an initial assessment by the dentist of your oral health (for which you may be charged) you will be placed into one of five fee categories.
Denplan Care includes
- Check ups
- Dental X-rays
- Necessary fillings
- Preventive dental advice and therapy
- Any necessary extractions
- Periodontal (gum) treatment
- Crowns, bridges, dentures, inlays (excluding laboratory fees) that are necessary
- Root canal treatment
- worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover (Supplementary Insurance) (link to Denplan’s website) and access to Denplan’s 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline
Denplan Care does not cover:
- Laboratory fees and prescriptions
- Any treatment excluded by the dentist in your contract which is payable by you at the private fee rates
- Referral to a specialist and specialist treatment
- Treatment carried out anywhere other than by your registered dentist except when you need temporary emergency dental treatment
- Orthodontics, implants, cosmetic treatment,
- Sedation fees
Please remember – your routine dental treatment is at the discretion of your dentist and your contract is with your dentist, not Denplan.
Denplan Care is not as costly as you might expect. You’ll certainly find it cheaper than paying private dental fees – and even if you’re paying for NHS dental treatment, you might find that Denplan cover is more cost effective.
Calculating your premium
The amount you pay is decided by your dentist and your oral health. This is based on how much dental treatment you have previously received and the overall condition of your mouth. After an initial assessment by the dentist of your oral health (for which you may be charged) you will be placed into one of five fee categories.
We measure this according to a set scale to work out how much treatment you’re likely to need in the future – then we give you a “Risk Banding” that determines your monthly premium.
Denplan Care offers 5 Risk Bands, with monthly payments starting from £13.50